Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A prayer from a friend

Whenever I meet someone 'new' in camps or programmes, I would often stop to ponder to myself, "Would I keep in contact with this person after this event?"


Unfortunately, most, if not all of the 'new' people that I have met , would become nothing than  Facebook friends. Which means to say, that other than the mere act of 'liking' each others posts, or commenting every once in awhile on each others status, the relationship or rather, friendship, is stagnant. 


However, this time round, one such person decided to make a difference in my life. I'd love to call her a friend, but she is more than that. She is a mentor, a confidant, a role model, and a person who provides meaningful advice.


She is actually my group's mentor during the TCP camp, and I am indeed thankful that we did meet up even after the camp, because all her advice has definitely created a great in my life. She also lifted a couple of burden off my shoulder because it was through her that I realized, that all I needed was a listening ear in order to relief myself from whatever that I was keeping deep deep down inside of me. Instead of just giving me a listening ear, she gave me more than that.




She not only gave me sound advice, but prayed for me, to have strength in continuing my journey, to be one of the pillar of support to my mum, to be able to find good and true friends, and to be able to find and put to good use, the burning passion that I keep in me.


I am indeed very grateful, and no words can describe how touched I am. I hope all the good love that you have given to everyone, returns to you tenfold. I hope you continue to touch the many lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment