Monday, April 05, 2010

Someone once asked me how I lived my life and my answer would always be "Eat and drink, for tomorrow we die", a simplified version of an Egyptian phrase that I got online. To me, it kind of meant that I wanted to live life to the fullest, not regretting a single bit if I ever had to leave this Earth unannounced.


However, the past few days got me thinking a little bit, and I realized that I was not actually living my life to the fullest. In fact, I was living in denial all this while.


Not to long ago, I stumbled upon a phrase from the movie 'Bucket List'. The phrase was actually an Egyptian belief, that when one kicked the bucket, one had to answer two questions before one was allowed to enter heaven. The two questions were "Have you found joy in your life" and "Have your life brought joy to others?". I remembered that I vowed to follow these questions as I progressed further into my life, however time, oblivion and ignorance got the better of me and to tell you the truth, I am disgusted at where I am right now.


Maybe that is the very same reason why I hate on the world so much for hating me huh.




Maybe the reason why things are how they are is it's all because of......











ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment