Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai

First and foremost, Go Xi Fa Cai, Xin Nian Kuai Le to all Chinese peeps out there!

gong xi fa cai


The festive season this year is unexpectedly boring. The celebrations in school wasn't as fun as I had expected and the ambiance made me indecisive; I did not know if I was supposed to enjoy and have fun, or stay moody like everyone else.

To add to my misery, I'm sick. I'm down with High fever and my throat irritates me so much that I feel like inserting one of my aunt's back-scratchers down into my throat,scratch it with all my might, or I could just eat some "Halls Breezers"

Fruit Breezers

Yeah, I caught it on TV and am amazed at how the advertisement can literally soothe my throat at the thought of it.


This sickness, however, has not stopped me from stuffing myself with all the scrumptious delicacies. I love eating all the "kueh kuehs" that my Mum's side makes. What's so unique is that, they're Peranakans, so there's sort of a twist in everything they make. How? I have no clue either.

I am bound to be seriously after all this eating. Hahaha.

My Grand Aunt who's living in Australia came to Singapore and I sure am excited to meet her again.

Everything is going well so far, except for the biggest bummer, which is, I DIDN'T GET TO SEE/WATCH ANY LION/DRAGON DANCE THIS YEAR!!

I don't know what's so mesmerizing but I am so IN LOVE with lion dances!!






My mum thinks it has something to do with the Chinese Zodiac signs, having that Monkeys live being around the Dragons. Dragons and Monkeys do get along really well because the monkey lets the dragon lead while the dragon allows the monkey to do all sorts of mischief, so long as it helps the dragon.


I've always been inspired to participate in Lion Dance, but after seeing to many mishaps,especially when they're doing the stilts, I've changed my mind to join Dragon Boat racing. But after hearing the mishaps of the Singapore Team, I've decided to withdraw that decision too. Lol.

Anyway, if anyone has any idea on where to watch some lion dance, TELL ME!!

Before I leave, I'd like to say that, I spent the past few nights chatting on MSN messenger and the one person that really made me smile through my computer screen was Ling Jie! Chatting with him was so much fun, because we made up stories of so many people and slowly pieced all of them together, to form one big story. Lol. He's one guy everyone should chat with, as he'll definitely brighten your day! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment