Monday, March 04, 2013

Serenity

Sitting here under the void deck as I wait for my final class to begin might seem like an absolute waste of time, when I should really be focusing on completing my overdued essays, or using the time to recuperate and reenergize my body. However, I am loving every bit of it, just sitting here for that solid forty-five minutes or so.

From the serenity of the homely neighborhood, to the occasional cackle from the crows on a nearby tree, to the crisp of a wrapper dancing with the wind, to the feeling of freedom as my opulent locks of hair interacts so mildly with the wind and leaps forth to wherever it takes it.

Just like my hair, I feel the freedom, but as I heave my shoulders and inhale deeply, I am struck with the realization that similarly to how my hair is stuck to my scalp, I too am stuck in the abyss of time and space...

No comments:

Post a Comment