Saturday, July 09, 2011

To SYL, with love

What do you say to a child when he says he misses you?
What do you say to a child when he says she loves you?
What do you say to a child who tells you that you've got her heart and mind, and she can't continue living life because of the lost she feels?
What do you say when a child who lives thousands of miles away, asks you to come visit him again?
What do you say to that child when you know that you won't be able to make that promise?
What do you do when you miss the children, and feel just as lost and empty as them?




I never thought that I would be so emotionally attached to anyone on Earth, and I owe it to the youths that I met in Dumaguete for they have taught me so much about myself, them, people, and life.


And Kharl, I gave you my word that I would fetch you from the airport, and would spend every single day with you. I can't believe you actually remember about Bubur Chacha! But I promise let you try it before you leave for Dumaguete again. But I can't promise you that I won't talk to the rest of the team. I miss them too!


I can't wait to see you guys in September, or in May. You guys make my life so much more worth living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment